Growth Mindset

I have heard of Carol Dweck and the growth mindset before. I serve as a mentor to socially at-risk youth in Norman. We are constantly doing training that revolves around implementing growth mindset into our meetings. I try to incorporate growth mindset into all aspects of my life. I do not believe that I am ever totally incapable of something. I prefer to say that I am just not there yet, but I can accomplish that task with time and effort. My biggest challenge in learning is getting myself excited about material that I might not be that interested in. However, I have done a good job of making things more fun and enjoyable to learn. I am always interested to learn more about growth mindset as it is very useful to implement into learning and mentoring. I am taking Human Anatomy this fall, and I know implementing growth mindset in that class will be very important for my success.


Comments

  1. From histology to anatomy: ou are not the first person to have mentioned Human Anatomy as a super-challenging task, Andy! I am really glad if the growth mindset materials for this class can help with that. And if in your mentoring work you come across some articles or videos or anything I can add to the class collection, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts