Topic Brainstorm

1) OU Ghost Stories
      I think the OU ghost stories topic is fascinating. I learned quite a bit about OU's campus when I moved here my freshman year. However, I have heard relatively little about ghost stories on campus. I think this would be both exciting and an opportunity to learn more about my campus. It would be fun to tell stories based on real ghost stories that people have reported. This project topic would give me even more of a connection to our campus.
   

2) Stories About Food
       This topic is appealing to me because I absolutely love food and cooking. It is one of my favorite ways to unwind and destress. A specific topic of interest could possibly be wine. I have only been 21 for almost year, but I enjoy wine and think it would be fabulous to learn more about. I did not know there was such an expansive integration of wine into mythology. The link I included discusses wine in Egypt, Persia, Rome, etc. It could be cool to discuss these different regions and their stories of wine.


3) Native American Traditions
          This topic is of special interest to me because I grew up in Oklahoma and Native American heritage is prevalent in the culture of our state. I am a history lover, so this topic would be great fun to me. In my casual studying of history, one prevalent tribe is the Lakota. They were involved greatly in the expansion of the US government westward, as they fought Custer and were massacred at Wounded Knee. Because I have learned so much about this tribe from US history, I would love to learn about some of their own legends, as collected in the link I included. 

4) Pirates
       I find this topic interesting for two reasons. One reason is that I know relatively little about pirates, outside of Black Beard, and would love to learn more about their stories. The second is that Pirates of the Caribbean was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and I love the stories of pirates and their adventures. This would be a fun topic to walk the plank and dive into (sorry, I could not resist).


Comments

Popular Posts