Week 4 Story Lab

I visited the Advice to Writers website for my story lab option this week. The very first thing that struck me was the quote of the day. It was about how the useless days will add up to something. It really hit me because sometimes I feel bogged down in classes and daily routines that are not directly contributing to my future plans. I needed to read that these days are important, too. Another piece of advice was called start writing now. IT basically tells you to just start writing and to perfect it later. Creating your own writing process is important, and there is no right answer as you go along. I need to work on treating my writing like a journey. A third piece of advice that I found helpful was about not thinking critically during writing and to just let the writing flow. This is hard for me as a science major trained in critical thinking skills. I need to work on elating my writing become more of a freeing process that is as structured as scientific writing. This would help my creativity. Overall, I think looking through this advice website was very helpful and provided me with actionable pieces of wisdom that I can use in my future writing endeavors.


Comments

Popular Posts