Learning Challenge: Deskercise

I found this challenge fun because I love exercising and hate sitting for long periods of time. Deskercise is a great way to get the blood flowing. I read the article titled A Workout at Work.  They provided some greta tips on things you can do at the office to take a break and get your body moving. This helps prevent the fatigue of sitting all day. The most common once that I would use are knee lifts and desk push ups for stretching and getting myself energized a bit. Other good ones would be side lunges for stretching and chair dips. I would likely not do jump squats in an office or classroom setting as this would be highly noticeable. Overall, this was a very helpful article with great advice for getting active and taking healthy breaks.


Comments

  1. Hey, Andy!

    These are some great tips you've got here! I agree with you -- sometimes I hit a point in my work where I just need to get up and get moving to clear my head. Some of these take some real bravery though. Doing the little "hallelujah" move in front of all my coworkers or in the middle of the Bizz would be a real power move. I admire you for committing to these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts