Week 10 Lab: EmpoWord

For this week's story lab, I read the Empoword chapter two and there were some very helpful technical tips that I noticed. In this post, I will discuss some fo the major concepts that I found most interesting. The first was dealing with narration. It is important to remember that storytelling often underlies our thinking and writing even when we are not aware we are telling a story. Another concept that is important is the idea of a dynamic character who changes throughout a story. I need to focus on including some dynamic characters in my writing. A round character is thoroughly described. I feel that I often include characters that are too flat. I need to work on making my characters more memorable. Another important piece is to not have a scope of your plot that is too broad. I also need to keep in mind the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion. Sometimes I spend too long in one section when I should really just move on. There were many other greta tips in this chapter, but these are the ones that stood out to me the most and seemed to be the most applicable to my writing.

Plot 

Comments

Popular Posts