Week 6 Lab

For this week's story lab assignment, I explored the Advice to Writers website. This website is very inspiring and helpful for improving my writing. The first quote was about how difficult the work of writing is. This resonated with me, as a science major, because I do find writing much more difficult than my science courses. I am glad I am not alone in thinking that writing is a difficult process. Another piece of advice was to write something that you would enjoy to read. This is a good idea for helping me to get started with my writing. I need to think of topics that I would enjoy reading before I just jump in writing a story that could very well turn out to be a boring read. Another piece of advice was to be specific in showing your readers something rather than simply telling them something. This is a good idea as I need to focus on practicing my details more than I have been in the past. I found attend that most quotes on here discuss reading as well. I think this is because the best writers are usually very prominent readers as well. In order to improve my storytelling, I definitely need to read more fiction and expand my imagination.


Comments

Popular Posts